Went down to Clarke Quay yesterday to reactivate my season car park - a sure sign that I'm due back at work *sobs*
Managed to catch up with my girlfriends over the weekend as hubby was in KL (poor thing was caught in the rain whilst riding the north-south highway to and from KL....gimme a car any time!) Had dinner at Brotzeit German Restaurant at Vivo City with Mel and Gerry...I just can't understand the German fascination with sausages and sauerkraut. The entire menu consisted mainly of various types of beer and various types of sausages. Poor Gerry had a difficult time deciding what to eat coz her new philosophy is that she won't eat anything that she can't kill herself. So she ended up with a tuna salad (a huge salad) coz she figured that she could at least catch fish :P Also managed to meet up with Sharon W, who flew in from Sweden enroute to Indonesia for a biz trip. Haven't seen her in a bit so was glad that we managed to catch up.
Finally watched Transformers. Yeah, the movie had super cool CGI and animation...but it came across like a typical John Woo Hollywood flick - non-stop crash-boom-bang action and really cheesy dialogue. Optimus Prime's machoness was seriously undermined by his sentimentality - it was almost comical. I dunno, I grew up watching the original cartoon along with others like Voltron, Thundercats, MASK, G.I Joe, X-men etc... and somehow the robots just came across as just that - robots. Must be all the cold hard steel and metal used in the animation...But Shia Labeouf was highly entertaining as the geek thrown into the battle.
And finally, I can't believe how expensive children's books are - the new Harry Potter costs about $50!!! I don't remember my Enid Blytons costing anywhere in that ballpark, and they came in hard covers too! Rowling is laughing all the way to the bank! I'll just borrow the book from someone, just like I've done so for the past 2 books...... :P
4 comments:
Don't quite get Gerry's new philosophy. How hard is it to kill a cow ? You walk up to it with a shotgun - Hasta la vista, daisy.
Admittedly, a chicken is harder. Catching the damn thing is pretty tough but at least you don't have to have a license for a shotgun.
Lamb is probably somewhere in between that. Maybe just a pistol. But make it a good shot. Otherwise the rest would run pretty quick if you missed.
So if it's not a rhetorical question, and she's actually being practical (although I can't see her fishing..). What the heck is she gonna eat ? Rat ?
Harry Potter cost us A$30 here. So yay. Finally some justice in our otherwise overpriced economy.
(I know.. I know.. I should be blogging.. maybe when this project eases up a little)
Hahahaha... Let me elaborate on Gerry's new philosophy - she will only eat things that she can kill with her own two hands (and a knife, lah). That means crabs, fish, prawns etc. So pretty much a pescatarian diet (vegetarian + seafood). Seems like nearly all my friends are either vegetarian or pescatarian hence the slow down in blogging...
I loved Transformers! Not so much the new designs of the transformers, but the fact that it was a relatively entertaining movie - first movie this year that I didn't check the time at all!
Seafood + vegetarian makes infinitely more sense. Otherwise, with that criteria, it'd be pretty difficult looking for 'live' things to eat all the time. Live crabs are probably easier to find than live prawns.
Sorry my site's down. Forgot to pay (hosting) bills and they're having problem accepting payment.. Murphy's law I suppose.
hulllo joe! ok, not sure what you have in your deep dark closet but i certainly do not have (neither do i want to have one) a gun around! rats??? whatever made you think i would consider rats?? ok, shirz and you have been experimenting with some interesting ingredients huh?? anyway, thanks aunty esther for clarifying!
Post a Comment