Pantyliners - they've become big business in feminine hygiene. As big as sanitary pads. People are using pantyliners everyday for - as advertised - 'everyday freshness'. What the hell does that mean??? How fresh can down there possibly be? And what's even more strange, they've started coming up with scented pantyliners and pantyliners with aloe vera and vitamin E - what on earth for??? To moisturise?? Frankly speaking, I find it quite disturbing to put things loaded with chemicals and artifical crap anywhere near down there... Tessa and I were at Watsons trying to buy normal sanitary pads after lunch, but got a major headache surveying all the fancy packaging, elaborate descriptions and the numerous variations of the humble pad. Day use, night use, heavy flow, super thin, wings, no wings, scented, long for extra protection (looks like diapers!)...they even have pantyliners for thongs!!! If you're bloody wearing thongs, wouldn't lining your thongs for 'everyday freshness' be the last thing on your mind?? For goodness sake, you're already having an all-day wedgie!!
On the not-so-complicated side of life, 2 of my Marymount friends are pregnant :) They're kinda the last people you would imagine getting pregnant, but they are, and they're both due a couple of weeks apart. So congrats on your enroute bundles of joy :) Strangely enuf, I still don't have the urge to procreate. As both my friends claim, everyone around them are more excited than they are themselves. I guess it's all the nausea, vomitting, weight gain, bloatedness and backaches that put them off.
My JC friend, who's working in Sweden, is back in town for a visit and I'm meeting up with her tonite. Looking forward to that... in fact, I always look forward to catching up with old friends coz you realise that the new friends that you make along the way as you get older never quite make the cut like the good ol' friends :)
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey! I'd better be in the ol' friend category! :P
The vitamin E pantyliner is pretty funny :D That's a whole school of marketing theory.
It's called If-you-can't-give-the-customer-what-they-want-then-confuse-the-hell-out-of-them-so-they-don't-remember-what-they-wanted-in-the-first-place-ology
I heard abt one of your marymount friends getting pregnant too... but wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a secret - guess not :)
Talking about sanitary pads, I was at watson's last week and saw a girl looking at pads with her boyfriend! He was like helping her pick out pads! WEIRD!!!!
Post a Comment