Went to collect my passport this morning with my newly retaken photograph which clearly shows both eyebrows. It was a surprisingly painless collection process as they had more counters than the Causeway. And I wasted no time in booking my Jetstar flight tickets to Siem Reap for next month - planning to celebrate my wedding anniversary at Angkor :) Only $44 per person 1 way but ah, airport taxes came up to $57 per person - I find it difficult to comprehend having to pay more for facilities on the ground rather than for those in the air *scratch head*
I've been to Phnom Penh and I remember most things (restaurants, shopping, transport) being charged in US dollars. And yet the country is so poor with sub standard of living. So where do the US dollars go to? Coz a holiday to Cambodia is much more expensive than a holiday to Thailand, and the latter is definitely more affluent. Actually wanted to go to Hokkaido to catch the lavender blooms, but it's bloody expensive and troublesome to even get there, so maybe later when my hubby makes his first million... *head in clouds*
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment