After Glenn's drama-mama posting, this is a lot more boring and less exciting (thank goodness!).... just an update on life after the drama...
My daily routine is based on 2-hour cycles - 1 hour to breastfeed, 1 hour to bottle feed (supplement) and change Jonah, then 2 hours for him to either sleep, make noise or nua, then feed again. Went to the doctor on Monday for his follow-up check-up - all is well except he's got a little stuffy nose, and he's now 4.25kg, which explains my aching arms after carrying him for 10 min. Doc went through the whole list of vaccinations - man, there are so many of them!! Poor little fella has to have so many injections...but I guess prevention is much better than cure lah. The little fella is still a pain to feed coz he keeps falling asleep and it takes soooooooo long to finish feeding him... and he's such a messy eater that he's developed a little milk acne on his face.
Remember how I didn't have any nausea or cravings during my pregnancy? Well, I seem to have a delayed reaction and having those symptoms now. I've developed an aversion to rice and certain smells. Dunno why, maybe it's all the 'confinement' cooking that I'm eating now. Most of it is dishes with rice, so much so that just the thought of rice makes me sick. And I've got cravings for all things not so healthy - chicken in a biscuit, corn pops, Macs, pork chops, anything savoury and tasty. I know they're supposed to be bad for me, but they taste sooooooo good compared to the 'confinement' home cooking!!
My C-section wound is still a little tender and sore around the edges, but Glenn says that it has healed nicely with only a thin line to show for it. I can't really see it, and I'm a bit squirmish about examining it close-up so I'll take his word for it. The funny thing is that my tummy has become a shade darker... they say skin discolouration is a common effect of pregnancy so let's hope it fades to normal soon. The water retention is almost all gone and I have ankles again! And I can fit into shoes again! I can't have the usual post-natal massage/wrap coz of the C-section, so I'm hoping that my tummy will just shrink by itself *fingers crossed*
I've just realised how many of my friends have become parents when I received all the helpful and eager advice from them...Funny how time has flown by and how we've all grown up, whether we're aware of it or not. Priorities and responsibilities have changed, people have changed - all part and parcel of life. I'm very grateful for all the concern, words of encouragement and advice that my friends have given me, and they have helped to get me through the difficult first couple of weeks. So a big heartfelt "Thank You!" to all you folks out there who have lent a listening ear and who have shared your experiences and advice with this new mom :)
My daily routine is based on 2-hour cycles - 1 hour to breastfeed, 1 hour to bottle feed (supplement) and change Jonah, then 2 hours for him to either sleep, make noise or nua, then feed again. Went to the doctor on Monday for his follow-up check-up - all is well except he's got a little stuffy nose, and he's now 4.25kg, which explains my aching arms after carrying him for 10 min. Doc went through the whole list of vaccinations - man, there are so many of them!! Poor little fella has to have so many injections...but I guess prevention is much better than cure lah. The little fella is still a pain to feed coz he keeps falling asleep and it takes soooooooo long to finish feeding him... and he's such a messy eater that he's developed a little milk acne on his face.
Remember how I didn't have any nausea or cravings during my pregnancy? Well, I seem to have a delayed reaction and having those symptoms now. I've developed an aversion to rice and certain smells. Dunno why, maybe it's all the 'confinement' cooking that I'm eating now. Most of it is dishes with rice, so much so that just the thought of rice makes me sick. And I've got cravings for all things not so healthy - chicken in a biscuit, corn pops, Macs, pork chops, anything savoury and tasty. I know they're supposed to be bad for me, but they taste sooooooo good compared to the 'confinement' home cooking!!
My C-section wound is still a little tender and sore around the edges, but Glenn says that it has healed nicely with only a thin line to show for it. I can't really see it, and I'm a bit squirmish about examining it close-up so I'll take his word for it. The funny thing is that my tummy has become a shade darker... they say skin discolouration is a common effect of pregnancy so let's hope it fades to normal soon. The water retention is almost all gone and I have ankles again! And I can fit into shoes again! I can't have the usual post-natal massage/wrap coz of the C-section, so I'm hoping that my tummy will just shrink by itself *fingers crossed*
I've just realised how many of my friends have become parents when I received all the helpful and eager advice from them...Funny how time has flown by and how we've all grown up, whether we're aware of it or not. Priorities and responsibilities have changed, people have changed - all part and parcel of life. I'm very grateful for all the concern, words of encouragement and advice that my friends have given me, and they have helped to get me through the difficult first couple of weeks. So a big heartfelt "Thank You!" to all you folks out there who have lent a listening ear and who have shared your experiences and advice with this new mom :)
No comments:
Post a Comment