Hi, the names Jonah, and I am 1 day old. This is the hand i will use to power the throttle of my H-D , which daddy will pass to me! Lets ROCK & ROLL!HELLO WORLD! Yup Jonah Glenn Loh arrived on 110507 weighing 3.67kg (8 pounds+), 52 cm tall :) Mommy had a swift & clean c section but is now recovering so Daddy is updating her blog.
We spent 3 nights at Mount Alvernia Hospital 11-13 May weekend, & it was very comfortable. We booked a single room , but on arrival they had no more singles left. So we were bumpped to a 2 bedder temporarily. By 1430, they still had no single rooms and i got really frustrated at the administration. I mean whats the point of taking my reservation only to give it to someone else. I was really stressed up at the time too, as i had to go for a final interview at 1600, ace it and fly back to the operating theater by 1700. So before i left at 1500, i went down and kicked up a fuss. My explanation was simple.. "there is a sick person sleeping beside my very pregnant wife, who is probably going through pre-natal depression coz she is forced to have a C! And your hospital policy is to not allow husbands to stay over with the patients unless its a single room...that is only reason i booked a single room in the first place. So i would like you to cancel the operating theater, inform all the doctors who are probably on their way, refund me my deposits, coz i am leaving now to another hospital !" I am a publicist and you will never hear the end of this!!"
The helpless but very helpful registration staff asked for my number and she will get a director to call me... i passed her my card & left for my interview (on the pretext of heading for Mt E)
Anyways, 10 mins later, the director of registrations called & said that all will be sorted out & I can stay over with my wife. We will still have a 2 bedder, but with no other patient, as all single rooms are occupied & they cannot simply discharge a patient. I agreed to the compromise and it was a great decision! Coz in the end i had my own bed (With electronic controls) instead of a single room with a sofa! :)
I arrived at STB 20 mins early so i went to Tanglin Mall to look for a mothers day gift. I found a little magic shop which had pretty helium baloons! so jonah got a Tigger and for mommy, a strawberry shortcake! Imagine the look on STB staff's faces to see a guy who looks like an ex-convict (i botak/Skinhead now la) in a suit, carrying 2 huge helium flying cartoon characters!

Anyways, the interview was really swift coz i requested to leave halfway through. The Dy CEO understood, as clearly i was under pressure and had only one thing on my mind..getting back on time! I arrived at Mount A 10 mins earlier ,1650, got into my gown & accompanied my wife into the operating theater. The op went well, (I didn't faint) and we welcomed baby Jonah at 1800hrs.
It was a wonderful weekend as we had heaps of visitors who came bearing gifts and showered us with blessings! You know who you are, THANK YOU for your presence and presents! But thank you especially for all your prayers! Jonah is healthy and now its my job to keep him happy.And mommy has been very brave too...knowing that it would be better to get Jonah out as she was already 41 going 42 weeks! She is in great pain now from the op, so need to borrow your prayers again for her speedy recovery. She's gonna be a great mommy, & me, this promotion has put me on cloud 9, i cant explain it, but i hope this feeling last forever.
Thanks again friends and family and see you in a month as we celebrate his "Full Moon Party!", which hopefully can coincide with his baptism . Lots more pics to share so enjoy:)With love,
Daphne's sweetheart,
Jonah's daddy,
4Ever, Glenn.



2 comments:
Glenn, I swear I was tearing up (as in crying) as I read your post... Jonah looks amazingly cute and I'm so sure you guys will be amazing parents.
Am glad everything went well and will pray for quick recovery for Daphne.
P.S. I'm surprised you didn't faint in the operating theatre :)
P.P.S. I had no idea you knew how to update a blog :)
Hi Bro!
Welcome to the club!
Baby Jonah is beautiful! I'm sure you will have a GREAT time (except when he wakes the two of u up in the middle of the nite) watching him grow up as he will continually amaze you with what he learns everyday.
Our warmest regards and congrats to you and Daphne on your little boy.
p.s. a little word of advise... always try to give Daphne a little more attention than the boy... for the first 2 or 3 weeks at least...
Felix, Anne and Caleb Choo
Post a Comment