Monday, February 26, 2007

GONG XI FA CAI!!!! Happy Oink Oink Year as we bid farewell to the year of the Dog and usher in the year of the Pig, or as my aunties keep telling me, the year of the Golden or Fire Pig... supposed to be auspicious and lucky to have a baby this year. I'm just hoping for a healthy happy baby boy, with hair :P

The CNY hols were relatively quiet. Finished the relatives visiting on the 1st day, so just hid out at home on the 2nd day. Thanks to Donny we had lots of TV to watch... from Grey's Anatomy season 3 to Prison Break season 2 to Ugly Betty. Took leave the whole week so did some major baby shopping, thanks to the various on-going sales.

Discovering new aches and pains everyday as baby grows bigger...I'm getting water retention too, which is making my feet and hands swell. Whoever said pregnancy makes you glow???? Esther and Gerry were down at The Pump on Friday night and asked me to come over... I, on the other hand, was lounging on my sofa at home in an oversized T-shirt (Glenn's) and ready to go to bed. Me dancing now would be akin to Jabba at the disco. But I must say, Glenn has been a super nice hubby these past few days....accommodating and obliging. But I feel pretty bad that he has to chauffer me around nowadays...not used to all the attention...I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts :)

My luck so far has been pretty good...won money playing poker over CNY (didn't really know what I was doing) and today I won the office pool for the Academy Awards :D Considering I was the last one to submit my votes this morning under the stress of "hurry up! it's starting soon!" and "The Departed won't win best picture lah!", I managed to predict the most winners and won the grand prize of $65...not bad for the first day back at work. I did pick The Departed for best pic, not because it was any good (Infernal Affair was loads better), but coz Leo was in it and I bypassed him for best actor ;) Ironically, the film won the major awards even tho it was adapted almost wholesale from the Hong Kong original and it wasn't one of Scorsese's better work. But hah, it helped me win the pool so thanks!!!

Just had lunch at a vegetarian cafe...Whatever Cafe - a new age bookshop cum cafe. It carries books on the hocus pocus - magic, spells, tarot cards, crystals - interesting...

Baby's squirming around as I'm typing...can feel his movements very clearly now, like he's really near the surface. Suspect it's due to the lack of space as he's growing bigger. And no, still haven't picked a name yet, which is why he's constantly referred to as baby...Biggest challenge now is the name game and deciding on which bottle to use for feeding. You won't believe the different kinds of bottles and teats out there and the various feedback on all of them...stress!!!

3 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Whatever cafe sounds like a Paris Hilton kinda place. "Whut evahhh"

How about calling your kid "the one". Or the malay equivalent. Satu. Satu Loh.

Esther said...

I blogged about Whatever Cafe a few months back! Nice chill out place, food is ok.

I'm still hooked on Heroes - at ep12 and trying to ration as I don't want to wait a whole week for the next episode :)

Caleb Choo said...

Hi Daphne!

Congrats on your baby.. firstly..

don't stress too much about names and all.. gotta pick something eventually anyway.. haha..

cheers!

oh yeah.. just in case if you are wondering who the heck is Caleb Choo... I am his father... 8P