Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ok, I'm a terrible blogger, I haven't blogged since last Wed. But I'm just not used to writing about every inane detail of my life (teach me master joe!). The weekend went by pretty fast and as usual, we didn't really do much. Glenn got us a spa morning at some fancy place on the 27th floor of Shaw Centre, complete with rooftop garden and trickling zen fountains. Felt like a tai-tai :) We had full body massages and I swear I ache even more after the massage. I don't understand how people like this stuff - some strange person is applying oily stuff on you and rubbing you in the most intimate of places - eeewwwww......

Went jamming on Sunday afternoon coz Donny was dying to show off his new wash-bum bass guitar. They sounded pretty alrite except for Black losing his drum sticks every now and then, Donny getting lost in the middle of a song, and Glenn not being able to reach the notes :P It was funny. Shahn matsu is the only one that can carry a decent tune. They still can't decide on a name for the band. Jeanswear is sooooooooooooooooo not a good name. I suggested The Yan Taos, to play on irony. They're still working this out.

Glenn's having a major event this week...some soccer tournament at the open grass patch (the so-called 'field') in front of Dhouby Gaut MRT station so he's super stressed out. EVERYTHING happening these days is soccer related, thanks to the upcoming FIFA World Cup. Even people who don't play soccer, don't watch soccer, know nuts about soccer are talking about soccer. It's so amusing to observe these men in animated conversation about 22 men and a ball on a field and hear them discuss, really seriously, tactics and strategies about getting that ball into a net. I guess it really boils down to how much money you have riding on that match. I'm just thinking "Baaa... sheep..." - herd mentality. Even those who don't possess a single soccer bone in their bodies would scour the Internet once they wake up for a post-mortem of the previous match so that they would sound intelligent at work.

Monday nites are becoming my favourite TV nites, after Wednesday which has the perennial winner CSI (Las Vegas edition) and the current new season of Project Runway (I love these bitchy fashion/model reality shows :P). Mondays have Desperate Housewives and the IMO brilliant Grey's Anatomy. The former has really little plot development (if it even has a plot) but the characters (with the exception of Susan) are so deliciously interesting that you're addicted to the damn series. The latter is just good TV - witty, bitingly sacarstic, funny, touching, romantic. Quite a feat for an industry that has churned out 8 seasons of Charmed *roll eyes*.

Alritey then, is that enough rambling? I guess I better get back to attempting to work coz after all, I am at work... :P

2 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Is Charmed in season 8 already ? Wow. Didn't realise it ran for so long.

Blogging doesn't have to be about inane details. In fact, I don't think I blog about daily life regularly at all. I see it as having a one-way conversation. :) Observations, strange thoughts that come into your head (I've got heaps of those), all stuff that you should purge from your brain. :P

As for band names how about these :

Blither
The Woffles
Avid Apathy

Esther said...

Charmed is one of my favourite shows! Them three ditzy girls prancing around in fantastic clothes! :)

My vote for band name is The Lateness...