Feeling terribly 'malu' to be Singaporean right now... coz I watched the Singapore Idols audition last nite on TV and it was baaaaaaad. I don't get it, have these pple ever listened to themselves attempt to sing? Don't they have loving family and friends that would dissuade them from making complete nincompoops of themselves on national TV??? Some of them looked really bad, sounded really bad (cringe-worthy) and behaved really badly. What's up with the cying??? Grown men shedding tears for not making the cut...It's only Singapore Idol!!! You'll get about as far as Malaysia or Taiwan if you're REALLY good. *shudder* Some of those that left a lasting impression (for all the wrong reasons) was an auntie who jumped from Sound of Music's Do-re-mi the previous audition to Mariah Carey's Hero this time round (needless to say she crashed and burned); a mungent dude in Wong Fei Hong garb trying to rap Jay Chou; an effeminate Malay chap in a self-proclaimed $5000 stylo trench coat who beamed when the judges said he'd do better as a model (and no, he was NOT anywhere near good looking); and loads of pple with bad pronunciation, with 1 particular phrase summing up the auditions for the judges: it was a 'nong nong' (translated into regular English: long long) process.
Me and the Marymount gals were at Nad's house watching the farcical attempt to find our tiny island's next big thing. The original intention of the visit was to see mommy and baby, with little Christian being 3 months old already. He's adorable with funky standing black hair that would make an ah beng jealous, and looks like his daddy :) Nad said that they would try for number 2 sometime next year. Gee, and I don't even feel the hour hand of my biological clock. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted kids, then I decided that I didn't, then for a period last year I decided that I did, and now I'm not sure again. I think the decision changes with the circumstances in my life - husband never around, husband around more often, husband useless around the house, husband obsessed with non-living things like his motorcycle, husband got many other priorities. So I'm thinking, heck I should live it up too, go out, have fun, adventure holidays - adds up to not sure if I want to have kids. I'm sure humanity won't be affected if our wonderful traits and genes are not carried on :P
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment