Monday, June 25, 2007

A good weekend...

Jonah had his first 6-in-1 vaccination on Friday. Good boy only cried for a couple of minutes when he got jabbed, and thankfully he didn't develop a fever or get cranky after. The cashier asked if I wanted to take up a package for all the 5 compulsory vaccinations coz it was cheaper - it was $550!! For baby injections!! *Faints* But what to do, prevention better than cure...He's growing very well, weighing 5.19kg and measuring 58cm. In no time he'll be taller than mommy :)

Brought Jonah out to Toa Payoh Hub on Sunday evening...still figuring out the best way to carry him around. He's definitely too heavy for me to carry around in my arms the whole time, so will it be the pram, the sarong carrier or the basket carrier? Yesterday we tried the maxi-combi basket thingie...he seemed to like it, fell asleep in it, but it's super heavy and bulky so that option is definitely out for me. Will try the sarong carrier again but it requires some skill to get him comfortably in it. Tried driving alone with him on Saturday, with him strapped into the maxi-combi strapped in the car. But he started crying and that kinda freaked me out. I had to make a pit stop to check on him...it's very unnerving to drive with a crying screaming baby.

Finally managed to meet up with Julia before she leaves for Japan this Saturday. She took a year's no-pay leave to study Japanese in Tokyo - so cool!! I'm definitely going to try to visit and hopefully we can get tix to a SMAP concert *heh* C'mon, the boys will retire soon (they're approaching 40!!) so I gotta see them before they do so... Julia had a craving for crabs so a bunch of MDA folks went down to Eng Seng restaurant (coffeeshop lah) at Still Road for their famous crabs. It was my first time there, so when Jules told me she was going to go at 4.30pm to queue up, I thought "Xiao!!!" When I got there at 4.50pm, the place was already full of hungry people stuffing their faces with crabs, the queue was snaking around the corner and parking was impossible!! We had pepper crabs, chilli crabs and steamed crab (special order for Tessa who can't take spicy food)..the pepper crab was quite yummy but the rest were pretty ordinary, but more importantly, it was really affordable for so much food, which explains the queue I guess. First time I've seen people eating crabs at 4 in the afternoon. It's like "Let's meet up for tea time" "Sure, where to?" "Let's go eat crabs!" But with good company, it was an enjoyable sweaty meal :)



And congratulations to Sanjay and Ily for their enroute bundle of joy!!!! It's a life-changing experience!! :)

2 comments:

Esther said...

Argh! I was supposed to check out Eng Seng with Gerry but it happened to be Wednesday when it's not open. Yes, so bizarre to go at 4pm - so is the pepper crabs worth the crazy queue and super early dinner?

Burpette said...

The pepper crabs were yummy...but the crabs were kinda not-so-big, so to make it worth your while, order more!! The pepper sauce is good, but don't waste your time with the chilli crab. We also had a huge order of hor fun, fried you tiao and veggies and the bill came up to $142 for 8 people...not bad huh?