It's April 27 and the little fella is still snuggling comfortably in my womb...Went for my regular check-up yesterday and doc said that although he's 'dropped', he's not engaged yet. Even went for a pelvic x-ray to determine if he's too big to come out naturally. But the results show that it's still possible, so we're back to waiting again.... He's getting pretty squirmy in there - hopefully it's a sign that he's eager to come out and face the world.
I'm officially on maternity leave already...from Wed till end July. Figured I'm too tired to haul myself to work plus I'm running out of things to wear to work :P On one hand I can't wait to pop so that I can finally relieve myself of this extra weight (around 17kg) that I've been carrying around... but on the other hand I'm really anxious about the 'taking care of the baby' process, when the real work begins. Hoping that hubby can be a rock of support and help but with all the fancy ideas and schemes floating around in his head regarding events, biz mergers, motorcycles and all things non-baby related, I won't hold my breath. He's still busy making plans without taking into consideration the baby factor...like he expects other people to be able to take care of his son while he continues with his exciting life.
If I'm sounding a little bitter here it's probaby becoz I am...my own life came to a halt the moment I discovered I was pregnant coz I had to take responsibility for it from the beginning - can't do this, can't eat that, people telling you what you should and shouldn't do, can't go here or there... It's only recently that he's stepped up to the plate and decided that he should start taking responsibility too, but he can't seem to commit to that. We were at the doc's yesterday and he just couldn't put his damn phone down. From when I was waiting to see the doc till my x-ray was over he was yakking non-stop, selling his events services, in the hospital. He's turned into those obnoxiously annoying people who are always yakking on their phones everywhere - at the restaurant, at the shopping centre, at the movies, at the doctor's, when driving...Sure it's all about work and making money, but still, shouldn't there be a line drawn somewhere? Trust him to take care of the baby? I really don't think so... he'll be carrying him with 1 hand, talking on the phone through his bluetooth and emailing with the other. And tonight he just has to go riding coz the boys are intiating a new member into their motorcycle club...so all that jazz about slowing down, taking time out, savouring the remaining of our couplehood and impending parenthood, no more nights out etc has remained exactly that...just jazz/noise/fancy music to the ears.
Yes, I'm ranting... I'm 39 weeks pregnant, full of water retention, and carrying his son in my womb, so I'm entitled to do so. Wasn't it why he asked Joe to create this blog in the first place? For me to rant and rave?? So ladies, when your other halves tell you that they're ready to start a family, take it with a large dose of salt. Coz what they usually mean is that they're ready to have a baby to play with and show off, but they ain't giving up their lives in the process - you have to make the sacrifice.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sooo... errr... yeah.. 17kg huh.. How heavy's the baby expected to be ?
i think the baby shd just be over 3kg.. the rest is just water.
anyway, hows the you doing daphy?? just hang in there k.. will come visit u soon.. ;) pretty free next weekend. :)
Post a Comment