Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy 2007!! It's the new year... I can't believe that it's January all over again. I realise that as I get older, new year holds less meaning for me. I mean so what if it's the beginning of another year? Nothing changes overnight, you still face the same issues in the new year, it's just a continuation of the previous year..i.e. it's just like any other day. You can make changes any time you put your mind to it...waiting for the new year is just an excuse. So for me, the whole new year countdown party shabam is over-rated and over-glorified.

Anyway, Christmas was good... had a gathering of good friends at home and Gloria popped on Christmas Day - Josh Blu Ng...seriously. Although he has to share his birthday every year with a higher being, at least it'll always be celebrated :P Xiu popped in December too, the only baby girl in the trend of boys.


Baby's growing steadily...he's now very active, always moving and kicking. Yes, it's a HE, another boy to add to the headcount. I think my belly is getting quite big, coz the general reaction of people who see me after the hols is "Wow! You're so big now!!" My theory is that coz I'm so petite, everything else is big in comparison :) I've been nagging my hubby to clear the spare room of his garang guni junk, and he has made some progress. And I managed to give 2 rabbits away to Shirley's cousin's colleague...hopefully they'll be well taken care of. Another 2 more to go, but must wait until Duke recovers from his op and for his fur to grow back so that he'll look hamsome again :)

Glenn's also trying his bestest to wake up every morning and send me to work and pick me after coz he doesn't want me to drive so often. It's an uphill task coz he's soooooooo not a morning person. But honestly, driving in peak hour traffic is a real pain, and it's extra frustrating and stressful now, given the haywire hormones. And when my belly gets bigger, I think reaching the steering wheel is gonna be a problem. Already bathing and washing and drying my toes is quite a challenge now :P

Anyways, here's hoping that 2007 will be as good if not even better than 2006, with peace on earth, goodwill to everyone and good fortune.

No comments: