Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm still trying to get used to the fact that I'm expecting. With no telltale signs of nausea or food cravings, it's the protruding belly that gives it away. I'm showing already, and it's becoming very depressing to figure out what to wear nowadays. I've packed away clothes that I have no hope of fitting into for the next 1 year...and have bought some maternity bottoms - the kind that are expandable as I expand. The bottoms are the first to go... can't button up my jeans or pants now. The tops are still pretty ok, although the bust area is getting a bit tight. Have also taken to wearing dresses coz they're the most comfy and roomy without looking too auntyish. Have also put aside my pretty heels coz they kill my feet and tail-bone...

For some reason I get terribly bloated at night, burping more than usual and farting *blush* It's really uncomfortable and I rarely get a peaceful night's sleep with the frequent trips to the loo. Also, I think women get some superhero qualities when they're pregnant, with heightened senses. My sense of smell is so sensitive now that I can smell the pork in my char siew fan and BBQ ribs, which completely robs the joy out of eating.

Have received much advice from many people about the dos and don'ts of pregnancy, including reading up magazines, books and the Internet. I'm filtering the information according to what has scientific basis and what sounds logical, or else the next 6 months will be absolutely miserable for me. Already the no-caffeine rule has deprived me of my coffee and Coke, and apparently I can't eat lamb/mutton, del monte bananas, pineapples, and anything that is too 'liang'. I guess in this situation it's better to be safe than sorry huh?

Life hasn't changed that much...I do take more precautions now, like walking really cautiously down the stairs, wearing my seatbelt when I drive :P...Glenn has attempted to be more helpful around the house by clearing up after the pets. He's more excited at the prospect of buying new things, like the pram and a new car to fit the pram *roll eyes* I think I need to give up my rabbits coz I won't be able to handle so many small beings, and besides, I need the room. Now the problem is getting them good homes...

2 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Need to get rid of your rabbits ? Need Nutrition ? Rabbit stew ! Two birds, one stone. And I hear they can help with gas...

Just kidding. Let me know if you want anything ozzie to help ease your maternal pains :)

Anonymous said...

cleaning up after rabbit and puppy poo is not my thing, but i've gotten used to it and its not soooo bad la..

but yup we will need a pram and a possible SUV to fit it in right? :)

was also toying with a new HD, but that just didn't make much sense.

am actually quite lucky i think, coz daffy has no cravings and shes pretty independent. much to my surprise as my pals have been advising me to "give in more" and be more patient... i will...with pleasure!

funny thing is, my belly is showing too! in fact, its bigger than daffy's! Hmm maybe should get that new home gym system, since the rabbits are gonna go ;P