Monday, August 28, 2006

Thanks to Glenn's involvement in the RC, we had dinner with the PM on Saturday nite. Ok, plus about 1000 other people... it was the National Day Dinner 2006 for the Teck Ghee area, and the PM was the guest of honour. It was certainly an eyeopener...about 100 tables crammed in the Teck Ghee CC with multicultural performances by schools and residents and an 8-course dinner being served to us. It was very much like a wedding dinner, especially since the PM went to every table to wish people a "Happy National Day". By the time he got to us, he had big sweat rings under the armpits of his pink shirt :) Can't blame him...there was no air-con and he was constantly surrounded by at least 6 SOs and police. Me and Glenn were like the teeny minority there...with the vast majority being aunties and uncles, not counting the crowd outside the CC trying to catch a glimpse of the PM and the show. Certainly a very grassroots experience :P

Caught up with Gloria and Jon recently...had a birthday BBQ on Friday at their place. She's having a baby boy and they've chosen a name already. I won't say what it is, but it involves a colour :) Also caught the latest animation by Steven Spielberg - Monster House. Was pretty cool, but the storyline reminded me of the Japanese-type animation like Spirited Away. There were moments in the movie that I was seriously spooked :P

Ok, I'm really distracted as I'm writing this coz I'm watching the Emmys "live" on my computer... so I'll write again soon :)

1 comment:

Joe Yap said...

Maroon ? Magenta ? Rouge ? Cyan ? Indigo ? Bandung ? Burnt Sienna ? Charcoal ? Raven ?

For the kid's sake. I hope it's not Beige. Then again, knowing Gloria's exquisite taste...