Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Supposed to be in Siem Reap now, but have postponed my trip to August. My mama is in hospital, all hooked up to tubes and monitors. She's so old, 92 years already....I pray that she finds peace and rest soon...it's heartbreaking to see her so frail and suffering.

However, as a pleasant surprise, Jetstar allowed us to change our flights without any extra charges...which is really good given that we had booked a promotional fare and it was such short notice (1 day before). So kudos to the excellent service...now I need to settle my accommodation...

Spent Sunday afternoon with Justin, Sharon and the 2 kids and boy was it tiring!! Whilst Glenn was busy carrying and playing with baby Joshua, I was the target of Sarah's attention as she tried to get me to role-play from Novena Square, to Toys R Us to home. Cute as they may be, kids kinda get really trying after a couple of hours. Glenn was so tired by evening, he just knocked out on the sofa :)

Met up with Joe last week. He was back for not-so-happy reasons (his grandma passed away) but it was really good to see him again. But I kinda feel sorry for him for the extreme weather swing he had to go through - from winter in Melbourne to scorching hot here and back to winter again all in 1 week :P I hope he didn't fall sick...

2 comments:

Joe Yap said...

Aiyah ! I didn't realise you were still around ! I've got stuff that I forgot to pass to you :P I left it with my dad. Oh well. Will get you to pick it up from him instead.

Surprisingly, I've weathered the climate change pretty ok. Took the day off work today to make up for lost 'shirley' time and pretty much shopped most of the day. Going back to work tmrw.

Hope all goes well with your grandma. *fingers crossed*

Esther said...

Wah, I'm impressed by Jetstar's service... good that you're going soon coz my sis heard that they're scrapping the Cambodia routes later in the year.

Baby-sitting is a great form of exercise, huh? :)