Monday, December 03, 2007

Milestones...

A couple of weeks ago I took a week off work in a bid to clear some of my leave from last year...also becoz both sets of grandparents decided to take holidays that week lah. So I decided to try my hand at full time parenting with that week solely devoted to Jonah - man, it was exhausting!!! Kudos to all the full-time mummies out there! It's a lot tougher than going to work coz kids need your 24/7 attention!

But it was good timing coz Jonah had just turned 6 months, and I decided to take the opportunity to introduce him to a couple of firsts - semi-solids and swimming. So being the eager beaver mommy that I was, I bought the Nestle rice cereal and pureed apple with my newly acquired blender, thinking that Jonah would be soooooo happy to try new food. Boy was I wrong. He refused to open his mouth for the baby spoon, clamping his lips tightly shut. Cereal and apple got everywhere except into his mouth. So we tried all ways to make him open his mouth - making funny faces so that he'd laugh, trying to get him to goo and gaa...Once the food got into his mouth he'd eat it, but he just refused to open his mouth for it! 2 weeks later and we're still trying to feed him his cereal - he just seems contented with milk and water...


Luckily he was a lot more receptive to swimming. Brought him to SGCC and he was quite the happy water baby...relaxing in his float and trying to walk in the water. Think we'll be hanging out at the pool a lot more :)

No comments: